Sunday, December 26, 2010

Get To Know Your Fighters - Christopher Mott

For your edification we present to you "Get To Know Your Fighters" where you . . . get to know the fighters . . . from DUEL OF AGES.  Because, as we all know, knowledge is power.  As is the ability to kick ass.


Christopher Mott
Roles in DUEL OF AGES: Caizon (Le Coup), Wild Bill Hickok (The Pen and the Gun), Errol Flynn (Egos and Idols)




How long have you been fighting.  Uh . . . the fake kind of fighting?
Since 1996, so 14 years.

What got you interested in Stage Combat?
Got into fighting at the old Ontario Renaissance Festival, which was my first paid acting job, straight out of High School.  Todd Campbell taught me my first parries, back in his long hair days.

Tell us about a memorable fight moment you've had. 
So many!  Some of my favourites have to be the shenanigans I got up to with Tom Plott, a friend and Fight Director from Baltimore.  Flaming Quarterstaffs, Breakaway tables...

Favourite weapon (and why):
Favourite Weapon:  the human body.  I finally took up an actual martial art (Tai Chi Mantis style Kung Fu, specifically) and the more I learn about various unarmed styles, the more fascinated I become.  And the more I learn how little I actually know...

Favourite Fight film/play:
The Duellists-  Keith Carradine and Harvey Keitel, Directed by Ridley Scott and Fight Direction by William Hobbs.  Beautiful examples of the various weapons and styles of Napoleonic era duelling.

Favourite famous fighter:
Jackie Chan- entertainment at it's best. Lots of people can do comedy or action.  Few can do both.

Role you wish you could have played:
The title role in Zastrozzi.  And will one day, hopefully!

Favourite drink that audience members should buy you after witnessing your awesome in Duel of Ages:

Scotch (neat) or any Belgian beer. And thanks!



No comments: