Saturday, January 8, 2011

Get To Know Your Fighters - Rachelle Ganesh

For your edification we present to you "Get To Know Your Fighters" where you . . . get to know the fighters . . . from DUEL OF AGES. Because, as we all know, knowledge is power. As is the ability to kick ass.


Rachelle Ganesh
Roles in DUEL OF AGES: Dancer (La Maupin), Crazy Ninja Death Squad (One)



How long have you been fighting. Uh . . . the fake kind of fighting?
Fake dance fighting? FOREVER! I'll battle anyone on the dance floor.... umm Stage combat? I would say I have not been doing that for a long time... mere months really- you know in comparison to Forever.

What got you interested in Stage Combat?
I took Stage Combat in my first year of theatre school- back in the day.

A memorable fight moment you've had.
The most memorable moment for me would have to be during a rehearsal for the One. I get tossed into the air by two lovely gentlemen and it usually runs smoothly but this particular run I was thrown in the air and my bottom came crashing down onto Kevin’s neck and upper chest region making an outlandishly loud knapping noise. I had no idea that a bottom and a neck could make that kind of sound… I laughed so hard I cried a little…

Favourite weapon (and why):
It would have to be my left foot- I can kick it in the air really high… Just kidding. I’m in awe of all the talented fighters in the show that know how to use weapons. It’s really impressive!

Favourite Fight film/play:
I’m totally going to say the Rush Hour movies. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker together and fighting are hilarious.

Favourite famous fighter:
Any talented and beautiful actress who can kick butt and take a couple of blows and still look beautiful with a black eye or a gash on their cheek- So jealous- Angelina Jolie!

Role you wish you could have played:
Alas, there are many, it’s too difficult to choose…

Favourite drink that audience members should buy you after witnessing your awesome in Duel of Ages:
I’m a girly girl- Martini? Daiquiri? Basically anything colourful that comes in a pretty glass...


Anything you want to plug:
I am a women’s fitness instructor, so if there are any women out there who want to take a challenging class that will help you attain your fitness goals, please check out Body Conditioning By Dancers at www.evaredpath.com.

Also if you are holding an event and are in need of entertainment, please check out Electric Blonde Entertainment at www.electricblonde.com.

Thanks everyone!!



No comments: