Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Get To Know Your Fighters - Stuart Constable

For your edification we present to you "Get To Know Your Fighters" where you . . . get to know the fighters . . . from DUEL OF AGES. Because, as we all know, knowledge is power. As is the ability to kick ass.



Stuart Constable
Roles in DUEL OF AGES: King François I (Le Coup), King Henri III (Le Duel Des Mignons), Dancer (La Maupin), Bat Masterson (The Pen and the Gun), Crazy Ninja Death Squad (One)




How long have you been fighting. Uh . . . the fake kind of fighting?
10 years

What got you interested in Stage Combat?
I received my black belt in Tae Kwon Do at 17, but when I went off to college I couldn't find the time or money to take martial arts anymore. Stage combat was the perfect way for my to merge the two things I love: martial arts and theatre.

Tell us about a memorable fight moment you've had.
I was one of the Jets during a production of West Side Story and during the big knife fight Riff was to be disarmed and I was the lucky person who got to catch the blade (so it wouldn't shatter on the stage). Well, one day Riff got a little too excited and happened to, instead of lobbing it, launch it directly at my face. To the amazement of the other jets on stage I managed to catch the blade "buffy style", which would be, by the handle with the blade pointed at my face. Let's just say, I'll never forget that...I might have pooped a little

Favourite weapon (and why):
My hands and feet, because I'm always armed

Favourite Fight film/play:
My favorite action film is also my favorite Xmas movie. That's right boys and girls: Diehard!

Favourite famous fighter:
Bruce Lee. Also my favorite quote, "be like water"

Role you wish you could have played:
John McClane (Bruce Willis' character in Diehard)

Favourite drink that audience members should buy you after witnessing your awesome in Duel of Ages:
Anything alcoholic.



No comments: